About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia
My name is Alisa and I am 22 years old. I started this blog so you could follow my sister and I as we went onour first long-term misions trip to Honduras. Now that I'm home I encourage you to follow me into the next phase in my life and read about all of the exciting things that are going to happen this year!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I know it's been awhile...

So I haven't blogged in a really long time so this is long over due. Amber and I have been home for almost 3 months now and we are defiantely missing our 2nd family in Honduras. It's been weird transitioning, but having our simple "pleasures" back have been a blessing :) I haven't really been working since we got home and having this much time off has been a little weird...my mom has told me how bad the economy has gotten while we were gone and we didn't really know what to think, however trying to find a job was definately a struggle.

My family moved into our new house and over the last month 1/2 we've been renovating and building and have been really busy with the house...we're glad to finally have our own space again and I'm defiantely happy to have my own room back :) Amber and I were constantly in eachother's area while we were in Honduras and then we came back we were all on top of eachother. Lately, we've been painting the basement and fixing it up and making it kid friendly. My mom, Amber and I have decided to start an in-home childcare out of our house and are very excited about it! We've always worked with children and have a HUGE passion for them so I think it'sgoing to be a good fit and go really well! The carpet is going down tomm. and they've been painting the outside of the house and they'll be finished today! I'm ready for all of the construction to finally be over and the house to be done...it looks really good though!

Anyways, Jordan is leaving Saturday to go to San Diego for 3 weeks...I'm so JEALOUS!! haha My Aunt and Uncle are going on vacation so he's going to keep an eye on my cousins and the house. haha I went back last year for my 21st birthday and it's been 4 years since he's been back so I guess it's fair! However, I wish I was going too!! lol :)

So..I'm not always sure what direction my life is going to take and what is going to happen next...we're starting something new and there's always something new in my personal life as well but I'm excited and hopeful about what is to come! 2009 has been an interesting start but hopefully it's an AMAZING one! I'll be sure to fill you guys in on all of the exciting things as they happen...and I'll post some new pictures of the house when I get them! Love you guys!!

Love, Alisa

1 comment:

Yensel said...

Yeahhh 2009 is good years God Bless YOu AMbe and Alisa GOd Bless You ATT YENSE FROM HONDURAS