About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia
My name is Alisa and I am 22 years old. I started this blog so you could follow my sister and I as we went onour first long-term misions trip to Honduras. Now that I'm home I encourage you to follow me into the next phase in my life and read about all of the exciting things that are going to happen this year!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WE FOUND OUR 100 CHILDREN!


So this weekend we continued looking for children for Mission of Mercy...Sunday the youth and all of us and Pastor Macklin skipped church and about a team of 20 of us set out in teams all over Reynel Funez to reach our goal of 100 children...we all left at 8 am in the morning and were out all day. We went to every part of the village and into the surrounding areas in the village...we found so many children that needed help and signed them all up for Mission of Mercy. It was really hard work but the teams did so good and with Sunday alone combined with the work we had already done, WE FOUND OUR 100 CHILDREN! The kids are so sweet and all excited to be given a chance to go to school and receive help :) Yesturday we were at the house all day doing papaerwork adn making the final selections to make our goal...the children and their parents came by all day to see if their children had made the list. It was really rewarding to see because you just know they have nothing and their lives about to change so much!

This next Monday Mission of Mercy is coming to Reynel Funez to register all the children, take their pictures and get everything ready to start the program :) It may be starting as early as December so I'll update you more on that when we find out! O, and Amber is learning how to play the guitar, she wanted me to let you know that ;) Yensel who is one of the youth here started to teach her yesturday and she really liked it...so I think he's going to start helping her! Maybe she'll come back home knowing how to play :) We're having a lot of fun and are really getting close to all of the youth here and starting to feel really comfortable around them...so it's been fun getting to hang out with them on a daily basis :)

We're still waiting on the internet to have in the village...they said most likely Friday so hopefully it will be soon and we'll able to talk and communicate a little more often :) We love you all so much, thanks for the continued support and prayers..we miss you guys!

Love, Alisa and Amber

No comments: