About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia
My name is Alisa and I am 22 years old. I started this blog so you could follow my sister and I as we went onour first long-term misions trip to Honduras. Now that I'm home I encourage you to follow me into the next phase in my life and read about all of the exciting things that are going to happen this year!

Monday, November 3, 2008

So last time i blogged i was sick and almost a week later i´m still sick and it only got worse over the last week. The weather changed overnight and this cold has just been annoying and stuck with me.



Not too much has gone onm since the last time i blogged. Amber taught the english class by herself while i was sick and she gave them their first study guide for a test she´s going to give them. We´ve been trying to motivate them to study so hopefully this exam will be the push they ned. haha : )



Yesturday we had church in the morning and then after the family and 2 of the youth went to Pizza Hut for lunch. They had a HUGE playland so i took one of the little girls, Violetta, whos 2 tp play on it and she was so precious. She stayed attached to me for the rest of the day. I think i fell for her, she was so cute! we just fellowshipped with the youth all day and we had a meeting about camp thats coming up this month. It´s going to be a lot of fun and everyones really looking forward to it. We decided we were going to playsoccer last night so everyone hung out and then we all headed over to planet "futbol" at 10:00. they made up 2 teams of the guys and all of us girls sat on the bleachers to watch. It was fun, we were all bundled up and grouped together because it was freezing. Soccer here is such a big sport and almost all of them were really good...although they fell and kicked each other accidentally a lot so it was fun to watch. : )



Today Amber and I are just praying for back home and the upcoming election. We´re kind of freaking out about the outcometomorrow and just praying that it is McCain and not Obama. BUT God is in control so we are leaving it in his hands. We HATE that we can´t vote but we´ll definately be watching the results over here!



We love and miss you guys SO much! keep us in your prayers! We¨ve already hit the one month mark so we´ll see you guys in 3 more months. Hope everyones doing good!



Love,

Alisa and Amber

2 comments:

Dusty Wilkerson said...

Hey there, I can't believe it has already been a month. I'm glad that you are doing good. Hopefully you will start feeling better and get over your bit of sickness. My prayers are with both of you. Keep up the wonderful work.

Anonymous said...

Hey you... Man i sure miss you girls! It has been a long time but i am soooo proud of you two. Tuffin' it out and following God. I know that it is hard to leave all you know and live over seas as a missionary...but it is so incredible how real...faith and dependence upon God becomes. Use this time to push in and grow close to him...be in the word and listen to what he has to say. It isn't so much about what you can offer them but what God wants to do in you through the process. Im going to be home in GA soon, by thanksgiving and i am going to be coming to visit you two i think in DEC. I love you guys...ROCK IT OUT THERE