About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia
My name is Alisa and I am 22 years old. I started this blog so you could follow my sister and I as we went onour first long-term misions trip to Honduras. Now that I'm home I encourage you to follow me into the next phase in my life and read about all of the exciting things that are going to happen this year!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

¡OPERATION CHRISTMAS HONDURAS!

Well, we´ve been here for about a month and a half now and we love it here! As we head into November we´re continuing to keep busyand are starting to work on christmas plans! As many of you know, Amber and I will be spending christmas in Honduras are are really excited about being here to bless them! We are extremely fortunate to live where we do and have family to support us, when the people here have nothing. We feel that God has brought us here for a purpose and this christmas we´ll have the opportunity to make this year really special for them.

On Christmas Eve here they have a special service at the church, Agua De Vida, and afterwardeveryone stays and has a meal at the church. Everyone takes care of each other here and everyone is considered family, so it´s a big time for singing and fellowship.
Amber and I with the help of everyone at home would like to provide them with a Christmas feast. We have come up with a menuthat will feed 100 to 125 people and it is going to cost between $300 to $350 dollars. We believe this is a reasonable price giving how many people it will feed. We have also compiled a list of 100 children and youth that are a part of the church and will be with us this Christmas. Things that you and I take for granted everyday these children are lacking. Some of them need new shoes, or don´t have a warm coat for cold weather etc...We will be purchasing necessary items, but you can´t imagine how much getting new shoes will bless their lives. There are also many adults and families that have such a need here. We would like to make food care packages to send home with the families that are in need of food this christmas. The people here never have any extra and most families have more than 2 or 3 children to worry about. They are the most deserving, faithful people and we just want to bless their lives this christmas BUT we need your help!

Here is how you can help us. It´s $25.00 to sponsor a child and I need at least 100 sponsors. We are trying to gather as much resources as we can because with any extra $ we´ll be able to help more children and families this Christmas. I know the economy is really bad right now for everyone, but I promise you the rewards and blessings you will recieve just knowing that you enriched and blessed someone with such a need is worth the sacrifice. These people are amazing, and if you could meet them you would fall in love with them! We´re here with them everyday , but we need your help to make a difference in Reynel Funez this Christmas. If in your heart you feel like this is something that you are interested in and would like to sponsor a child you can mail cash or checks to:

Amber or Alisa Flores
3625 Jensen Court
Loganville, GA 30052

or you can send checks through the Oasis Church, memo- for Alisa or Amber Flores

Oasis Church
3295 Highway 81
Loganville, GA 30052

*Please remember all of your donations are tax deductable and are appreciated more than you know! We love and miss you guys SO much! Thank you for your e-mails and contiued prayer and support, it means a lot to us! We love you!

love,
Alisa and Amber

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey girls I hope ya'll are well, I hope mom got there ok. I am so proud of you, ya'll are doing great thing. I am so excited for you for you that get to give the people a good christmas. i will try to give if I can. I miss you and I send my love and prayers!! April