About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia
My name is Alisa and I am 22 years old. I started this blog so you could follow my sister and I as we went onour first long-term misions trip to Honduras. Now that I'm home I encourage you to follow me into the next phase in my life and read about all of the exciting things that are going to happen this year!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

MY MOMMY WAS HERE :)

Sorry I haven´t blogged in a while, we´ve been really busy here and getting to the internet is sometimes a problem. So on the 14th Donna cam into town and my mom came with her and surprised us!! It was AMAZING...Amber and I saw her int the airport and we all just started crying..we were so shocked! HAHA Having her here with us was great and just what we needed! She got to see the village that we live in and meet everyone and they all loved her! We set up crafts for the kids and had a lot of fun with them. On the 20th and 21st we had camp for the youth and she got to coem with us. It was in Tulonga which is about 2 hours from Reynel Funez. Marilu is another missionary that was here with us for 3 weeks from Florida and she led adn taught at the camp, along with Yensel, one of the older youth who led all of the activites and games. We were split up into 3 groups and throughout the camp we had a military theme, complete with roll call at 5 AM...yes it was crazy! haha We learned about being a spiritual army and competed against eachother in different activites and dramas. It was just our group at the camp and it was a good time to get away from everythingand relax and fellowship with eachother. Marilu taught on the spiritual gifts and to not worry about the world and whats going wrong around you, but on what God has for you and how ot be spiritually strong. It was exactly what we all needed to hear at that moment. Trying to leave camp our 2 vans both got stuck in the mud road and I felt like it was our mountian trip all over again....minus the live chickens kicking my seat of course :) With everyone´s help the girls pushing the one van and the boys picking up the other we finally got them out and were all on our way! it gave the end of our trip some excitement!

My mom stayed with us until the 25th, Jordan came home the 26th so she had to hurry and get back for him and for Thanksgiving! We were both sad we were going to miss Jordan´s homecoming and our first holiday away from our family...however we LOVED our Thanksgiving here :) We cooked stuffed chicken, vegetables, mexican rice, desserts and everyone in the church came for a specail Thanksgiving service and stayed to eat with us. They all tried to creat the holiday for us and make it really special and even decorated all of the tables with harvest decorations and flowers. Marilu gave the specail sermon and then I explained the tradition behind the holiday and how it began. After, I said what I was thankful for and then we had everyone go around the room and say waht they were thankful for. The loved it and got really into it...I´m pretty sure they´ll be keeping up with the Thanksgiving tradition from now on :) haha All of the youth sang at the end and we had a mini talent show, it was SO much fun! Even my littel kids got up and performed their song ¨DEEP¨ from my church back home that we´re teaching them. (Don´t worry mom I got it ALL on tape :)

We had a Saturday sale with medicines and clothes and we sold everything. Amber adn I baked cupcakes to sell and people were coming just for them, they went so fast we had to end up turning people away..so I think from now on it´s going to be a regualr thing for us! We didn´t have service on Sunday becasue they were having an election here to pick who will be running for president. We had to take Marilu to the airport Sunday and we were all sad to see her go...she was a lot of fun for the 3 weeks that we had her here, plus she tried to translate for us as much as possible which helped a lot :) HAHA

We´ve started teaching the kids songs during English classas well to get ready for Christmas time so we´ll have a little show to perform :) We also showed the youth the ¨Lifehouse Everything Skit¨and we are about to start teaching it and then the youth do it for the Christmas service as well. November went by really fast and we´re into December we have 2 months left in Honduras. While we´re missing everyone at home so much , we´re already dreading having to say good-bye to the people here at the end of January. It´s going to be so hard. We´re so accustomed to seeing them everyday and them being apart of our lives. It´s going to be very sad to see it end!

This month is going to a very busy one with Christmas coming up and WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP! If you would like to help sponsor a child this Christmas please refer to my previous blog ¨Operation Christmas Honduras¨

Well this blog is long and I need to get off but we miss you guys so much! It´s ahrd to be away from everyone but we know God brought us to Honduras for a purpose and at this moment we are meant to be here and are very content with that. We love it here :) I hope everyone at home is doing good. Please keep us in your prayers, these last 2 months are going to be more cahllenging that the first. We love you guys!!

Love,
Alisa & Amber

No comments: